The Bowness Historical Society was formed in March 2001 by a small group of community people who met informally to discuss a book on our local history. Since 2005, the Bowness Historical Society has published two books and launched projects to promote the history of Bowness. These include the naming of John Hextall Park and hosting events such as the annual historic homes tour.
The board of directors of the Bowness Historical Society. Left to right: Bernd Martens,Dr. Judith Barge,President Carole Carpenter -Gjertsen,
Inga Pollhaus,Les Hamilton, Anne Campbell.
· President: Carole Carpenter-Gjertsen --------------------
· Secretary-Treasurer: Anne Campbell-------
· Marketing/Communications: Inga Pollhaus--
· Research: Dr. Judith Barge,
· Editor: Les Hamilton
· Research & Editing: Bill Carpenter -----------email@example.com